Monday, November 10, 2008

Who is that?????

I've heard before that you don't really sound like you hear yourself. I never really thought that it was true until I had the experience of listening to myself teach. One of our assignments for the class was to type out what we said word for word in a transcript form after teaching a lesson on ultimate frisbee. It was funny listening to myself because I thought it sounded nothing like me. But it was a good experience because you get to hear yourself speak from your students persepective. Another useful aspect that came from this assignment was the realization of the use of filler like "ummm" and "uhhh." These words tend todowngrade a persons intelligence. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way and we all have to be able to laugh at ourselves. You must fail fast and move on. We were also asked to complete a feedback form, this helps us track how many students were were able to give feedback to and why type of feedback we gave them. I was able to give five students feed back, next time I am looing to atleast double that number.

No comments: